Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 16:41:31 -0500
On my CFS-L list I have Send= Editor and Editor= list-owner,(listname) so
that mail from non-subscribers is sent to me.  Recently I've come across
some cases where a *subscriber* sends in a message but I receive it as a
submission from a *non-subscriber*, and the sender appears to be the
Listserv's postmaster, even though the "From:" properly points to the
subscriber.  Does anyone know how this can happen?  I'd like to get it
fixed.  Below I copy the headers of the most recent case.  (Note:
"NIHLIST" is the BITNET alias for LIST.NIH.GOV, the node where the
Listserv is based.)  Thanks for any help.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 11:10:40 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask] (rogerburns,[log in to unmask])
Subject: more info

This message was  originally submitted by POSTMASTER@NIHLIST to  the CFS-L list
at NIHLIST. If you  simply forward it back to the list,  it will be distributed
with the paragraph you are now reading being automatically removed. If you edit
the  contributions you  receive into  a digest,  you will  need to  remove this
paragraph before  mailing the results  to the list.  Finally, if you  need more
information from  the author of this  message, you should  be able to do  so by
simply replying to this note.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (39 lines) ------------------

[TEXT DELETED]