"(Joan Korenman)" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 Oct 1992 11:04:45 -0400
	On Friday, October 9, Douglas Winship wrote (in part):

> I'm going to have to rewrite it, though.  Just after I posted it, someone
> wrote to AUTOCAT for a friend who had changed jobs and forgot to unsub
> before she moved.  She can't subscribe (you're already subscribed) nor
> unsubscribe.  The one instance where one's real name is used in a command
> and I forgot it!  Ooops!

        I'm a bit confused.  As far as I know, the listserv software
couldn't care less about a subscriber's name.  A person can subscribe with
the same personal name from any number of e-mail addresses simultaneously.
What the listserv software looks at is the e-mail address.  Also, whereas
listserv asks for a real name when you subscribe, it doesn't ask for one
when you sign off.  The person in the example Douglas Winship cites above
can't sign off because she's no longer at the e-mail address from which she
subscribed.  I don't think her problem has anything to do with her real
name.

	Joan Korenman        Internet: [log in to unmask]
                             Bitnet:   korenman@umbc