"Barbara Weitbrecht, Smithsonian" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 14:28:34 EST
A kindly subscriber pointed out that netcom.com knows our friend
actuary as [log in to unmask] (note the extra .ix)!  I
resent my oh-so-polite CEASE AND DESIST letter to the new address
and received the following mysterious result:

>     ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
>  "|/usr/ucb/vacation postmaster"  (unrecoverable error)
>      (expanded from: <[log in to unmask]>)
>
>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>  vacation: Unknown user postmaster
>  550 "|/usr/ucb/vacation postmaster"... User unknown
>
>     ----- Original message follows -----

So... does this mean that the postmaster is intercepting all
mail to that address and bouncing it back as undeliverable?
Who is this "vacation postmaster" fellow anyway?  Can we hope
this means Actuary is catching holy heck from the administration?

Barbara Weitbrecht, Smithsonian