Wed, 21 Dec 1994 21:56:07 -0600
On Thu, 22 Dec 1994, Khaled Al-Bassam wrote:

>  I have some text files and would like to store them in the list for the subs
> request 'GET' them instead of posting them in the list as a message..
>
>  Anybody knows whats the command to do so/how to store files into the list by
> the owner?!

Here we go again!  Do you *have* a filelist?  You can have notebooks
without having a filelist.  If you don't have one, your postmaster will
have to set it up for you.  Get Jim Gerland's LSVOWNER $PACKAGE from
[log in to unmask] .  That should have enough info to get you
started (and enough info for your postmaster to set up the filelist if
has never done it before).

If you do have a filelist, get it with
GET listname FILELIST (CTL PW=XXXXXXXX
(I usually include NOL (nolock) between the (CTL and PW but it isn't
mandatory).  Add the filname filetype and "FAC"s for the file and PUT
the file with
PUT listname FILELIST LISTSERV PW=XXXXXXXX

When you get back that the filelist has been refreshed, default id
assumed, take the file itself and add as the first line
PUT filename filetype listname PW=XXXXXXXX
and send it in to your listserv.

You can do this with LSVPUT if you like (and have it) but I've never
used it so can't say anything about it.  There's info on it in Jim's
files mentioned above.

Happy Holidays, gang!

Douglas
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L