Robert Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 20:23:47 UTC
Our institution has reached the point of setting policies for
determining List creation criteria and operational standards.  I
am concerned because the participants in this decision process are
working without having any personal experience with discussion
groups.  Most disturbing to me is the voiced intent to establish
any/all Lists as moderated.  I find this highly paranoid, unreasonable
and too restrictive.

I am very interested in your thoughts.  Is it common practice to force
lists into a moderated status?  Can you share some of the general
guidelines you use when determining which lists to allow and which
to deny?  Any requirements by which the List-Owner must abide?

Thanks for any info.

Robert Moss
Tulsa Jr. College - where the students are educated, but employees
                    haven't got a clue.