Ray Van Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:23:01 -0800
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 03:08:13PM -0800, Ron wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>   We recently did an upgrade from 14.4 to 14.5.
>
>   Now we're having trouble getting the posts to
>   work from the interface.
>
>   We keep getting this message when we post,,
>
>   "Please enter a short description of the purpose of your
>  message in the "Subject:" field."
>
>    But in fact I am putting in a message in the subject
>  field, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing it, and
>  hence the message doesn't get sent.
>
>    Any ideas?

Just had a similar issue and LSOFT tech support sent me the following message
(verbatim):

" This generally indicates that the WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR/upload/ directory
doesn't exist or that its permissions are not set correctly.  (The
'listserv' user should have read/write access to it.)

WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR here is the value of the variable of the same name
found in go.user.  "

Hope that helps!

Ray