Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Apr 1992 22:13:16 +0200
On Wed, 15 Apr 1992 15:11:32 EDT Ken Koester <MAINT2@ERS> said:

>Our site could probably use this feature,  but it's going to be tough if
>I don't know how to set up any other kind of database!

LISTSERV  is  not a  professional  database  system  - it  simply  wasn't
designed to let people create arbitrary  databases and build up menus for
data entry and that sort of things. It  can be done, but you have to read
the source code to find out how.

>While I'm at it, other memos I can't find but would like to are:
>M01-002 "List Manager's Guide"
>S01-005 "Maintenance Guide"
>M01-008 "File Maintainer's Guide"
>
>I sort of get the feeling that maybe these items never got finished--I
>hope
>I'm wrong.

From the README file you get with LISTSERV:

3. You were sent  all the documentation that is available.  Some of it is
   obsolete - this is a known problem,  not an error in the generation of
   the package you  were sent. Please do not send  mail to LISTSERV lists
   to  ask for  more  documentation  or for  more  recent  copies of  the
   documentation you  got - what you  have is all that  is available. You
   are however  encouraged to use  the LISTSERV lists (see  below), AFTER
   CHECKING  THEIR  ARCHIVES FOR  POSSIBLE  PREVIOUS  ANSWERS TO  SIMILAR
   QUESTIONS,  if  you   have  any  question  about   LISTSERV  that  the
   documentation does not answer.

For  pointers to  other possible  sources of  documentation, see  posting
number 6203 from  the archives of this list at  SEARN (the posting number
may differ on other peers). There are at least 32 other hits on that same
question in the list archives.

  Eric