Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:04:52 -0500
On 7 Mar 2006 at 12:52, Bill Brown wrote:

> Is it possible to drop the new WA.exe on an existing 14.4 server with a
> new name so I and a few others can view the changes before rolling out the
> upgrade?

Yes, just don't put a dash in the new name.

However, you won't see the changes, unless you also use the new
default.wwwtpl, and then it will break (and so will the old wa)
because the new default.wwwtpl assumes you have LISTSERV 14.5 and so
has links to WA functions that rely on 14.5.

The 14.5 wa will only work with 14.4 LISTSERV if you're using the
14.4 default.wwwtpl.

You could take the new default.wwwtpl and rename it and create a list
by the same name, but then you'd only see the changed list-related
templates.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html