Jacqueline Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jan 1992 21:13:50 CST
One of our listowners reported that no mail is being sent out for the
list he owns.  Apparently, no one has received any postings since some time
during the holidays.  It's now working but I'd like to know what caused the
problem.

Could  it be that I stopped the postings while trying to assist one of our
users who wanted to stop his mail during the break?  In trying to find the
correct format of the command, I subscribed to this particular list and
issued the command TELL LISTSERV at <node> SET <listname> NOMAIL.  As soon as
I was notified of the problem I issued the command so I could receive mail.
I assumed that I would be treated as any other subscriber to the list.  Was
that assumption incorrect?

The other possibility is that our LISTSERV has been offline quite a bit due to
the number of spool files.

Anyone have any idea which of these is most likely to have caused the problem?