Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 09:23:49 CDT
On Tue, 15 Aug 1995 01:16:18 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>On Mon, 14  Aug 1995 16:40:11 CDT  Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
>said:
>
>>We very  nearly lost ALL Lsoft  products for this year  because the unix
>>bigots tend to love the freebe products (never mind performance).
>
>That's a problem  we have to face  every day, but I'm afraid  I don't see
>how the  extra $550 make any  difference. It's a problem  you're going to
>have no matter how  much we charge. You could always  divide $550 by your
>non-lunar hourly  manpower cost for  unix programmers and tell  them that
>they have  that many  hours to  move all  the lists  to the  freebies and
>provide  comparable  service.  By  the time  they've  expended  $1000  in
>manpower and still aren't providing  good service, you can ask management
>to draw conclusions :-)

It's not a question of using Listserv or a competing product.  It's a
question of using Listserv or nothing at all.  Deleting all the lists
would undoubtedly save money (in software costs, machine resources,
& personel time).

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)
http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~cbarnes/

   "I am in the greater danger before God when I know clearly what
    He wants me to do, but willfully & defiantly refuse to obey."
                     - Dr. James Dobson   (ref: James 4:17)