"F.Joseph Kelley" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:20:38 EDT
Apologies for the double posting, but I wasn't sure which might be
the more appropriate. ..

Lately I have been getting bounces from with names that _look_ almost
like nje nodes, but are not.  I am assuming it is some sort of firewall,
but but I have no idea where it might be.  Perhaps others have seen
this as well.

This first showed up with bounces from something called "PAS052".  The
mail had passed from an operation called "nic.near.net" to "pas052".
I suspect it is a large pharmaceutical company, and perhaps there are
good reasons for this, but it is a bit worrisome.  Naturally, repeated
mail to the various postmasters has had no result.

Today another showed up: "GATEKEEPER" ... not "gatekeeper._somewhere_",
just GATEKEEPER. Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone know of a way
to track these down?  Does Listserv have anything that will help?

Many thanks in advance.  -- Joe Kelley