"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 23:06:19 -0400
On 23 May 97 at 16:34, Ben wrote:

> This query concerns something I don't understand about how the "OK" con-
> firmation mechanism works.
>
> As a (quiet:) owner, I can issue list management commands without LIST-
> SERV requiring an OK confirmation (this because VALIDATE= NO).  Dave at
> work ([log in to unmask]) is similarly not required to confirm.  But Dave at
> home ([log in to unmask]) is not exempt from this requirement
>
> What need I do to eliminate the need for commands from Dave at home to
> be "OK"d?  And why does he need to OK but I don't, nor does he at work?

   Is it possible that "Dave at home" is using a web browser
based mail client??  If so, LISTSERV cannot distinguish with
client, so the "OK" confirmation will be required.  This can be
disabled via WEB_BROWSER_CONFIRM=0 in go.user exported to go.sys
or in site.cfg.  Check out section 5.2 of the Site Maintainers
manual for 1.8c.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.