Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:17:10 -0500
On 12 Jan 2006 at 16:46, Ki Song <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> LSoft doesn't provide a mail server with LISTSERV. They only supply an SMTP
> listener. I don't believe I can send messages with Windows XP Professional,
> without any additional software.

Maybe I don't understand the problem you are experiencing.

I thought you were having trouble getting mail TO LISTSERV -- the
SMTP Listener is all you need for that. If it's mail FROM LISTSERV
that you're having trouble with, there are a number of possible
solutions without resorting to buying additional software:

- Set up your Postfix to accept and relay mail from LISTSERV

- Set up the free IIS SMTP server that comes with Windows
  (see the LISTSERV@Work Tech Tip at:
   http://www.lsoft.com/news/issue3-2005-us.asp
   and the White paper at:
   http://www.lsoft.com/resources/wp-iis-smtp.pdf

- Install any of a plethora of free SMTP servers that are
  available. If you would like instructions for setting up
  MailEnable Standard Edition (http://www.mailenable.com)
  to work with LISTSERV, let me know and I'll send them to
  you offline.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html