David Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:52:18 -0400
> You have an old outgoing *.MAIL file in x:\LISTSERV\SPOOL
> that is malformed in
> some way that is causing this.

Thanks! This solved it. Amazingly this has been going on undetected for
a very long time.

> Yes, it could be responsible for the missing mail

The problem I am having is an intermittent loss of outgoing messages,
apparently random.

For example, just this morning I sent a message to LISTSERV to retrieve
a LIST file. I got the notification that the file was being sent under
separate cover, but I did not receive the LIST file itself.

I have had reports over the past few months that people have not
received messages, despite LISTSERV's log file indicating that the mail
was sent.

Could this mailformed .MAIL file have caused this? Is it possible that
LISTSERV was so busy that some outgoing messages simply got lost? I hope
so, because I don't know what to tell these people that insist they are
not receiving messages, since I cannot replicate the problem.

--
Dave