"Herbert A. Huston" <XRHAH@SCFVM>
Wed, 14 Mar 90 10:12:36 EST
>Question:  I'm trying to unsubscribe a user netwide, and when I issue the
>FOR userid@nodeid UNSUB * (NETWIDE command, I get a "userid@nodeid does not
>exist" message.  Well, I KNOW that "userid@nodeid" doesn't exist; that's
>why I'm trying to unsubscribe him netwide!  This used to work for me
>a few revisions ago.  Has the format of the command changed, or is there
>something else that I'm doing wrong?

I'm assuming that "nodeid" was the node where your LISTSERV lives.

I had the same problem and solved it by sending the request to LISTSERV@UMDD,
two hops away, instead of to my own LISTSERV.  Then, of course, I forgot to
report it.  (Sorry)

There's a similar problem with trying to REGISTER OFF some departed local
user.  The only workaround seems to be manually editing SIGNUP FILE.

-- Herb