Mike Whitt <VMSP@NCSUVM>
Tue, 31 May 88 12:48:35 EST
>>We are developing a USER DIRECTORY here at North Carolina State,
>>to be peered with TUCC, UNC, and DUKE. The directory service is based
>>in LISTSERV and uses LISTSERV database functions on NAMES type files.
>
>Good heavens, sounds interesting. We are in the same situation.
>Please hurry!
>
>Good luck.
>
>Hans van der Laan                        Bitnet: rcdilaa@hdetud1
>Delft University of Technology
>Computing Centre
>Postbus 354
>NL-2600-AJ  Delft
>The Netherlands

The latest beta version is up and running at North Carolina State Univ.
We're looking at LDBASE EXEC to see if we can eliminate or simplify it
so that non-VM sites need only do interactive messaging to LISTSERV.
It doesn't look difficult - just takes time.
Chuck Kessler is doing all the coding on it, here.

Mike Whitt.  [log in to unmask]
VM Systems Programmer.
Computing Center
NC State Univ. (919) 737-2517