Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:38:53 -0600
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 16:57:34 +0200, Andrew Kelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have an instance of a message in a moderated list which
>appears to have either bypassed moderation or released itself,

BTW, in the 24 years I have worked with LISTSERV, the number of times this
has happened is 0.  All such claims, once fully investigated, prove that the
message was _always_ approved by someone, perhaps accidentally, or
unintentionally, but was _always_ approved by someone.

The pne and only only time this appeared to happen, the log file showed that
at the moment the (bad) message arrived at LISTSERV, the list was configured
as Send= Private (any subscriber can post a message).  4 minutes later one
of the Owner= logged in and changed the list configuration to
Send= Editor, Hold, Confirm.  Then they tried to complain to Support that
LISTSERV was broken and had allowed a message to pass without
moderation/approval.  Sorry guys.  Log files are your friend.