Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:59:21 -0700
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:32:14 -0500, Lisa Manning <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am a site manager (but a newbie) and I wanted to know that if I use the Web Interface to edit the configuration file and select the update button, do I have to restart sendmail in order for it to take effect?

Maybe.  The LISTSERV web interface modifies existing List Headers, which has no
relationship to sendmail for existing lists.  If you use the ADMIN web interface
to create a brand new list, then yes you must create the necessary list address
aliases in /etc/aliases (there are 8) and then you do need to restart sendmail
as part of that process.