"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 1992 11:14:19 CST
On Sat, 25 Apr 1992 18:37:15 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>>How do you set up a FILELIST entry for a generic file ?
>In principle  it should  be 'both'  (at least  since the  introduction of
>LSVMAT). You just  code the '> *'  and do not need to  set any particular
>flag.

Thanks. One more question on this topic, just to make sure I understand the
server's logic correctly. Suppose I have the following section in a filelist:

*********************
*
* Section A
*
*********************
> *        *        ALL UVW . . . . . This is Generic A

*********************
*
* Section B
*
> *        *        ALL XYZ . . . . . This is Generic B

Now, if I do a PUT into this filelist and use UVW's password, the file gets
stored under the Generic A entry, whereas if I use XYZ's password, the file
goes under B  (in both cases, updating the FILEID (maybe even with the real
names, using John Voight's OWNNAME exit)) ?

Thanks,

JMC