Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Aug 1994 19:21:38 CST
On Fri, 26 Aug 1994 13:01:37 EST, Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]> said:
>Is there a LISTSERV command that would propogate a SHOW command from one
>server through the LISTSERVs between here and there so I can see if some
>LISTSERV is particularly backed up?

Not that I know of.

>                            I could handle SHOW requests, but I'm not
>sure how to figure out which servers to tickle.

If you REVIEW the list, you can send a DIST debug job to
LISTSERV@UAFSYSB (or whichever LISTSERV is hosting your subscription).
It would look something like:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
//Test JOB
Distribute mail Ack=mail Debug=yes
//To DD *
[ ...insert  REVIEW output here... ]
NLAFLAMM@IRISHVMA                        Nick Laflamme
[ ...rest of REVIEW output here... ]
/*
//Data DD *,EOF
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 1993 10:57:29 -0500
From:         Somebody <somebody@somewhere>
Subject:      Re: Dist test
To:           [log in to unmask]

Just a test of LISTSERV's distribute path
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And the output would look something like:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Job "Test" started on 26 Aug 1994 20:15:30

> Distribute mail Ack=mail Debug=yes
Debug trace information:

[ ...more debug output... ]
IRISHVMA                       goes to IRISHVMA (230)
[ ...more debug output... ]
 IRISHVMA: UIUCVM42 UICVM    IRISHVMA
[ ...more debug output... ]

Job "Test" ended   on 26 Aug 1994 20:15:33

Summary of resource utilization
 CPU time:        0.660 sec                Device I/O:     6
 Overhead CPU:    0.336 sec                Paging I/O:    40
 CPU model:        4381                    DASD model:  3380

That tells you that mail to IRISHVMA goes through LISTSERV@UIUCVM42
and [log in to unmask]  In this case, there's no one "beyond" IRISHVMA,
so there's probably no reason to send it through [log in to unmask]

Bill