Zvika Bar-Deroma <AER7101@TECHNION>
Mon, 28 Mar 88 21:18:26 IST
Some people (including myself...) are trying to persuade the "decision
makers" to put up a LISTSERV here. As we are not a major hub, and will
probably not be one, then the issue of reducing network load is
irrelevant (except, perhaps, for RFDR for local users, which now have
to be sent to a LISTSERV on another node, producing a network load of
n*bytes, n being the number of recepients.....but the answer to that
will most probably be - that LISTSERV is an unknown "creature" to
almost everyone here, and you (that's me) can write an exec for your
special purpose...).
So - I'm looking for reasons why/how our node would benefit from the
installation of LISTSERV as far as LOCAl usage is concerned. I'd
like to hear ANY usage of LISTSERV anywhere, for LOCAL purposes.
Please - do NOT include the "closed" (or LOCAL) mailing lists - That's,
as far as I can see the most obvious use, and I surely WILL use it
as an important argument.

Regards (and hoping to see soon a LISTSERV@TECHNION),

Zvika Bar-Deroma
dept. of Aeronautical eng.