Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:23:06 +1000
>         When I manually tried the  "update now"  tab to
> download the latest
> signatures from FSecure , the operation timed out.
>         I was wondering what communication protocol it was
> trying to use - I
> guess our network router was stopping the update cause it has various
> restrictions on it.

John

most auto-update features for antivirus programs use HTTP to download the
files.  You'll probably find that opening up Port 80 (both in & out) on your
firewall to your LISTSERV machine should fix the problem.  In any case, the
F-Secure doco should be able to tell you what protocol/port it uses.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.