Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:33:44 -0500
Jean Snow wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, or have just tinkered too much with
> our web interface setup and have hidden this function even from
> myself, but I can't seem to find a screen for subscribers to join/
> leave/post to a list that doesn't have web-enabled archives.
>
> Both
> cgi-bin/wa?LIST=xxxxxxxx
> and
> cgi-bin/wa?LIST-SELECT (once I've entered the listname here)
> just tell me
> 'There is no WWW archive page for the xxxxxxxx list'.

To join/leave try cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=xxxxxxxx
or (my preference) cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=xxxxxxxx&A=1

To post cgi-bin/wa?P1&L=xxxxxxxx

If you have other lists that -do- have web archives, to remember
the above you can web over to the corresponding page for one of
those lists (via their archive page).  Then note the url, take
the list name out of it, and substitute in your list name.  It
works here anyhow.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University