Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 May 2007 10:21:40 -0400
At 09:47 5/16/2007 Wednesday, Wayne T Smith wrote:
>Steve Eckard wrote:
>>I have a listowner who wishes to remain anonymous when he sends to the list. Will send=none accomplish this? Thanks
>
>Have the person obtain a "role" mailbox.  This could be from her regular e-mail provider or from a free account.  We do this occasionally where the "kill the messenger" possibility is high.
>
>More directly to your question, I suppose s/he might use "listname-REQUEST@yourlisthost" to send her mail ... but maybe Listserv would filter it (my site has filters than would disallow it).

Don't put too much faith in any scheme that attempts to "hide" the sender.  Some schemes are probably better at hiding than others.  Also, make sure that the sender can not be easily spoofed.  Perhaps the authorized sender "role" account should NOT be the explicit owner since owners are not able to be moderated.

An practical method might be to have a role subscriber (in REVIEW mode) mailbox and use the web interface to post?

Just my .02 non-denominated units.

/Pete