"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Apr 1992 15:43:28 EDT
On Thu, 16 Apr 1992 12:43:14 CDT Marty Hoag said:
>   Actually, I've been hoping that Eric got interested in expert systems
>(and would write a robot postmaster helper...  ;-)
>
>   To get the most "benefit" from the bounces makes it a highly skilled
>routine job.  After trying to find workstudy students to help me (they
>screen the messages to eliminate repetitious errors, remove unknown users
>from lists, etc) I've wondered if would be possible to do this with a
>program.  The biggest problem is the wild variety of input formats.
>Or maybe I just need to ask applicants if they like mysteries...   Marty

Well, it sort of can be done.  I have a LISTDEL Xedit that makes a valent
attempt to delete someone.  Its a little out of date, but if anyone
who doesn't already have a copy wants one, drop me a line.  (To those
of you who already have one, "no, I haven't updated it recently".  My copy
is dated 07/02/90.)  I also have a LISTADD which works on listserv
'Add this person' mail.  Please send requests directly to me, and
I'll batch up the requests.
/ahw