Peter Weiss +1 814 863 1843 <PMW1@PSUVM>
Tue, 3 Apr 90 09:13:00 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, you say:

>2. Get approval of Listserv list readers.  This could be done somewhat
>   informally by posting to the list and asking if there are objections.
>   If the issue was controversial, a formal vote should be held;
>   otherwise a vote would not be needed.

2.1  If it is approved, any time a new user subscribes, they should be
     told in their ack. that the LISTSERV is being gatewayed to a public
     bulletin board, with possible world-wide distribution.

(A variation of this is occuring when I post to ESL-TECH -- consequently
I don't post certain articles since I don't want them on PSUNEWS.  This
warning might be necessarily so that inadvertant violations of Bitnet/
Internet usage guidelines does not occur.  Alternatively, perhaps a new
LISTSERV subscription/usage option, on a userid basis, could be created
so that the individual could prevent his/her LISTSERV distributions
from being gatewayed?)

Regards -- Pete