Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:30:59 -0500
On 3/23/2006 13:12, Bruno Robichaud wrote:
> Hey, I'm going to try again to gain a "answer" to my issues. I Want listserv
> to send the bounced email to another mailbox which I'm going to give him the
> email address to send to. Now I 'don't want listserv to process the bounced,
> he can put it in change log if he want to I don't really care I just want
> the bounced send to the email address I provided. Plz people don't tell me
> "Why would not wanted listserv to process the bounced?" I have my reason :).
> Now I know some of you gave me some way to do it, I tried the Error-to but
> still didn't send it to the address I provided. Can someone can tell or
> re-tell me how to do it so it works?? I'm using Mail-merge distribute job, I
> provided a sql statement, listserv is going to the DB with a ODBC connection
> and I'm controlling the table which contain the emails to the people who are
> Subscribed , I want to be able to parse physical bounced email to get the
> Email address so that's why I want to receive bounced on a mail box
> attributed for that purposed. So can anyone can help once and for all , time
> is getting very short here. Thx for your help and patient. :)

Use the 'FROM=' operand on the DISTRIBUTE command to specify the envelope
sender address, i.e., the address to which delivery error messages should be
sent. This address may be different than the address which appears on the
'From:' line in the message. Be aware that some broken mail servers send
delivery error messages to the 'From:' address, rather than the envelope
sender address.

See section 3.4 of the LISTSERV Developer's Guide for additional information.

Reference:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/developer/developer.html#_Toc128376104

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team