Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 14:35:02 EDT
Hello;

I have  run into a  strange problem.  Someone at another  organization claims
that someone else  keeps subscribing him to all of  the Listserv lists hosted
on my  system. I  have never  run into this  problem before  and I  am unsure
exactly what to do.

Obviously, I  need to delete this  unwilling subscriber from all  of Temple's
lists, but I  am not sure how to  do that. My attempts have so  far failed. I
figured that  in the worst  situation, I could just  write a Rexx  program to
quickly  pipe in  each list's  file one  at  a time  then send  them back  to
Listserv, sans  the unwanted subscription  entry, for processing. I am hoping
there's a command to do this instead though.

I would like to  track down who is creating these  false subscriptions, but I
simply don't  have time. The person  who is the  brunt of this prank  is also
not at all forthcoming with information that  could help me be a detective in
that regard. So far,  all he's done is threaten to  lodge a complaint against
my employer with the  Internet. As such, I only feel  obligated to filter out
this individual from  all lists here en masse. Does  this seem reasonable. If
so, what's a good way to do it?