Jered J Floyd <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 19:17:47 -0400
[trimmed the headers a bit. Everyone who replies, remove one item from the
  Cc: list.  Maybe this'll go away soon...]

"C. Harald Koch" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I'm reminded of a Prodigy episode. Remember, they were actively filtering
> messages for "indencent content".  Everyone applauded until the day someone
> decided that the word "breast" was indecent, and suddenly there was no
> discussion happening in the Forum for supporting sufferrers of Breast Cancer.

Something similar may have happened at Prodigy; but the one that springs
to mind for me is when America OnLine decided 'breast' was not an appropriate
word for member profiles or chat rooms, and zapped a bunch of users in a
Breast Cancer Survivors forum on AOL.

  <http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/editorial/0,1012,29,00.html>

--Jered