Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 20 Nov 1986 19:33 SET
  Just found an ugly, awful bug  in 1.5d which causes all forwarded ADD/SUBSCRI
BE/MOVE to  fail. It's fairly easy  to understand. These commands  send a small
file to  some LISTSERV  with commands to  execute. The file  has a  filetype of
NOTE because in the early 1.3 days it  was the ONLY way you could have commands
executed. Now in 1.5d  I added a new loop catcher that traps  any piece of mail
sent  to the  LISTSERV userid  by another  LISTSERV, eg  "Invalid command,  all
further commands have been flushed" -->  same reply from the receiving LISTSERV
--> loop. No good. But now it traps  the X-ADD NOTEs... :-( REVIEW, STATs, etc,
still work because they  use a filetype of JOB (the code  for those commands is
more recent :-) )

  So I'll have to ship out a fix ASAP. I'll try to write at least one more memo
before I do so, so as to give  myself the impression that the shipment was more
than fixes ;-) There  will be nothing to do but to CARD  LOAD the new files and
reboot the server.

  Eric