Shane Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jun 1992 17:41:16 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
|> On Mon, 15 Jun 1992 19:24:37 GMT Shane Davis <[log in to unmask]> said:
|>
|> >How can  I make LISTSERV  distribute these "utdallas.edu"  recipients to
|> >itself rather  than PUCC? Adding  utdallas.edu to the  mydomain variable
|> >did not do anything  to prevent this. All I want is  that mail for these
|> >lists is handled  by DISTRIBUTE (so that  only one copy of  mail is sent
|> >with BSMTP) and  that it is handled  locally by my LISTSERV.  We have no
|> >:internet tag (utdallas.edu is not an Internet name for UTDALLAS.BITNET,
|> >anyway).
|>
|> Then it is not correct to add  it in the MYDOMAIN variable. It belongs to
|> the LOCAL variable, with an entry of the form
|>
|>                local = 'whatever *.UTDALLAS.EDU whatever'
|>
|> and the recipients in question would  then be added locally (ERASE DOMAIN
|> NAMESUM to force the table to be refreshed).
|>
|>   Eric

Didn't work. Could it be a mishandling of the case where the hostname IS the
domain name, as in "utdallas.edu" (which is a host name)? I tried

local = node 'utdallas.edu'

and

local = node '*.utdallas.edu'

"utdallas.edu" does not match "*.utdallas.edu", it seems to me. However,
neither case prevented the mail from going to PUCC. I'd have checked this
sooner but I mistakenly assumed that local had been set up for years to
include our hosts (I may have tried this last time I tried to switch to DIST).

Others suggested adding an entry to DOMAIN NAMES locally (I thought of this
but didn't know for certain that LISTSERV was using DOMAIN NAMES). This works
(after fixing a configuration error on my UNIX mailer...).

However, the LOCAL SYSVARS option would be preferable if I could get it to
work.

Thanks to all.

--Shane