"Richard W. Altheide, Systems Pgmr II" <C0004@UMRVMB>
Sun, 29 May 88 22:01:47 CDT
Perhaps I misunderstand how LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE is supposed to work but ...

Can someone explain to me why a list delta job generated by my LISTSERV would
distribute the job for 11 nodes to RICE (understandable) but then distribute
the job for 51 nodes to UAFSYSB, an end node whose traffic must pass through
three other nodes (which do not have LISTSERV) and ultimately cause the
traffic to return through the three nodes plus UMRVMB to reach the next
LISTSERV machines?  Perhaps this reaction is caused by the LINKWT FILE of
which I understand the function but nothing beyond that.