Vern Maxson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Mar 1993 13:12:45 EST
I have an owner who has an unusual need.  He has set up a list with a
group of subscribers who will be communicating with each other through
the list.  He has another group of people that he wants to receive all
the postings, but he doesn't want them to be able to post to the list.
There will be a very large number in the second group, so the FILTER
command is impractical.  I can't set up a second list that is subscribed
to the first because of possible loops (LISTSERV already checks and
rejects mail from itself or another LISTSERV).  I can't run a second
LISTSERV for the same reason.  Does anyone have a solution?

  Vern Maxson - VM & AIX Systems Programmer     (812) 855-7211
  Indiana University                     VMAXSON@IUBVM
  University Computing Services          [log in to unmask]
  750 N. State Road 46
  Bloomington, In.  47405