Rex Bontrager <REXB@PURCCVM>
Fri, 20 Apr 90 08:05:58 EST
>I put together a package of 10 files; the LSVPUTs with (PUTC were all
>successfully stored. I refreshed ok, but when I issued the GET
>Whatever PACKAGE, only 7 files were sent; the last 3 were not sent
>and I got an error message that they were not ready. Could the
>problem to be the $ in the filetype, although I pseudonamed the files
>with appropriate references in the LISTNAME FILEID. Has anyone been
>down this road before? For example:
>
> PUBLIC NAME     REAL CMS NAME
>-------------------------------
>INITFILE $       INITFILE APR2090          (this one gets sent OK)
>IC       $       IC       APR2090          (The next 3 don't get sent-I
>IM24     $       IM24     APR2090          triple-checked for typos).
>IM12     $       IM12     APR2090

The problem is that LISTSERV is picky regarding blanks in this
instance. There must be EXACTLY ONE BLANK between the filenames and
filetypes in your list. Thus, if you change your list to read

  INITFILE $  INITFILE APR2090
  IC $        IC APR2090
  IM24 $      IM24 APR2090
  IM12 $      IM12 APR2090

everything should work as desired.

Eric, Could this be fixed?  I, too, would like to put my lists in
neat columns. :-)

Rex Bontrager
IBM Systems Programmer, IBM Postmaster, Bitnet TechRep
Purdue University Computing Center
Math Science Building, Room 240
West Lafayette, IN   47907
U.S.A.