Alan Sondheim <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:15:46 -0400
I would definitely send a complaint to AOL which has banned sites before
and doesn't easily tolerate this sort of thing. AOL itself runs over 250
lists (I forget the exact number) and I believe would deal with your
problem.

Alan

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, At Uga wrote:

> After the fiasco with the fake subscriptions, I changed the headers for the
> lists I run to ask for confirmation. Now, I'm getting junk mail posts.
>
> Apparently the user ([log in to unmask]) must have some sort of script that
> subs to lists, confirms, posts the junk note and then unsubs. The user posted
> last night and then unsubbed.
>
> My lists already have extremely heavy on topic traffic, I don't need this.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I
> can protect myself from this is the future? Can anything be done? I don't want
> to filter out AOL. Quite a few of my listmembers are subscribed from there.

>  Laurie M. Salopek ([log in to unmask])          The Pennsylvania State University
>  224A Computer Building                    Center for Academic Computing
>  University Park,  PA  16802               Advanced Information Technologies
>  (814) 863-8611 (863-7049 fax)             Visualization and Unix Groups

    http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/~spoons/internet_txt.html
             images: http://www.cs.unca.edu/~davidson/pix/
                       desire in deity (D.G.R)