Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 May 2004 07:03:55 -0600
On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:30:29 -0400, Ian Wade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>That doesn't apear to be true. That is, I have installed Listserv and the
>free version of MailEnable on my Windows 2k box and got it working.
>
>All that was required was to set MailEnable SMTP to listen on a port other
>than 25 (since Listserv's SMTP listener occupies that port); then change
>the SMTP_FORWARD line in Listserv's config so that I specify that port. eg:
>
>SMTP_FORWARD=localhost:26

Yes this is possible, but to get it to work you had to configure MailEnable to
use a non-standard port (26 in this case).  This means you cannot use
MailEnable to create POP accounts or handle other (non-LISTSERV) incoming
mail.  LSMTP provides a fully integrated solution using only the standard SMTP
port 25, both for LISTSERV's mail traffic in/out and any other (non-LISTSERV)
mail, also in/out.  In that sense LSMTP can be said to offer a fully
'turn-key' solution for any/all kinds of email.