Richard Hargan <HARGAN@UMDD>
Thu, 10 Aug 89 19:30:56 EDT
I recently put up Revised Listserv (1.6a), and I have run into some
problems in defining FAC's.

My first question is, can I define a FAC in one location and have it
accepted as valid from within different, nested filelists?  For
example, if I define a FAC in the header of filelist1, and I want to
use it to restrict GET's to some of the files in that list AND to some
files in a filelist nested under it, do I have to define it again
in the second filelist?  The answer would appear to be yes, since I
did just that, and when I tried to PUT the second filelist back into
LISTSERV, it was rejected as having an undefined FAC (which I had
defined in it's parent filelist).

My second question is in regard to hiding some, or all of a FAC
definition.  I was under the impression that by inserting "HIDE="
within a FAC definition, the remainder of that line would not be
written out when a copy of the filelist is sent out in response to
a GET or INDEX request.  I defined a FAC within the header of one
my lists using two lines:

*+ UMO= * List owners at this site
*+ UMO= HIDE=OWNER(TEST-L),OWNER(MAILBK-L)

However when a copy of the filelist is sent in response to a GET or
INDEX, no alteration is made to the FAC definition.

I am not sure what I missed, but I get the impression that I should
be defining my FAC's somewhere other than the filelist headers.

My last question is in regard to one of the hardcoded FAC definitions.
What exactly is "HDR= See list header" used for, and how is it
defined?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard B. Hargan
Systems Programmer               [log in to unmask]

Room 1309                        (301) 454-2946
Computer Science Center
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-2411