"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Mon, 8 Jan 90 14:14:23 EST
I recommend using UPDNODES  to handle the updating of BITEARN  NODES. I have a
fac exit that  is executed when the  NODUPD file is received  from NETSERV, or
you could point it to a listserv  somewhere. I have modified LSV$PUT a bit and
added a DONODUPD EXEC that handles the  backup of updating of BITEARN NODES. I
recommend doing the same.

And to answer  your question... I do not  see why you are going  offline. I do
not think it is necessary. Second, I just issue a CP SM * NODESGEN to initiate
the nodes generation process and not  reipling listserv. I know there was some
talk about an existing bug whereby  certain variables are not refreshed... so,
if this does not get fixed, then I guess I will have to reipl as well.

/mrg