Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:17:49 -0500
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Michael Quinion wrote:

> a) Is this a known problem anywhere else? (Is this, in fact,
>    likely to be the cause of the problem?)

We've had this problem for months with Sprint.  You will find it in
the lstsrv-l logs along with the actual DATA error.

Our experience is that you get a different answer from each person you
speak with at Sprint.  About three months ago they started telling
subscribers on our mailing lists to stop using Listserv mailing lists and
use the ones at Yahoo instead because they were less problematic. Another
person at Sprint said it was because there were too many subscribers on
the mailing lists here.  Another said the fault was with our mailer.
Another said the "From:" field was too long and Queen's had to shorten it
to correct the problem.

We could never get them to ACK that the real problem was that they had
restricted the rfc822 "From:" to a single line in error. That they are now
saying there is a "glitch" on their system means there is hope afterall.

--trish
Trish Forrest, Queen's Unviersity