Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:22:28 EDT
On Wed, 14 Sep 1994 15:43:00 EDT Paul E. Goodwin III said:
>Oh, a correction to the addressing I listed in the previous note...the
>lists' mail shows up as from:
>  [log in to unmask]@uga.cc.uga.edu

Have you given up BITNET? (((-;
OK here is the story. Your routing tables instruct that mail to from your
BITNET domain to INTERNET should go out from UGA.
That simple. I had that same puzzling problem with my list in AUVM.
It would be wise to use as default domain the GITVM1.GATECH.EDU.
That can be set in the tables. Also for the regular users you can update
the MAILUSER XEDIT  file to say:
'SETMAIL LOCAL.DOMAIN GITVM1.GATECH.EDU'
Then your mail should go out the normal way.

>Paul

Spiros