"Siksai, Anthony N (Noel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:37:27 -0700
David,
What we do where I work is to put the ./Make.aliases.lsv into a cron job so it runs daily.  We're using LISTSERV on Solaris too.
Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sitman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: create sendmail aliases for list by e-mail

We are on Unix Listserv (Solaris) with sendmail.

We create lists via email using:

   PUT listname.LIST PW=password
   MAKE_NOTEBOOK
   MAKE_WA
   * The listname List
   * More header lines
   * [...]

So, we still have to log on to the server to create the mail aliases for
sendmail. By some chance, is there some "MAKE_..." line that we can add to
create the aliases as well? I have tried MAKE_ALIASES and MAKE_ALIAS to no
avail.

Thanks,

David Sitman
Tel Aviv University