Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:04:43 -0400
Greetings fellow admins,

Now that the Web interface has made it so easy, I am trying to
encourage more of my list owners to edit their own list headers.
In order to avoid confusing them, I am thinking of going through
and removing the keywords that are no longer relevant now that
we are not on a VM system.

Am I correct in believing that none of the following keywords
have any effect on a Unix (AIX, for now at least) system with
no "local" (on the same system) subscribers?

  Files= No
  Mail-Via= Dist2
  Stats= Normal,Private

Any opinions on whether I should (1) tell the owners what
I am going to do, (2) do it and tell them what I have done,
(3) not mention it, (4) try to get them to do it themselves,
thus giving them a reason to edit their list headers if they
didn't already have one, or (5) since it "ain't broke", but
just slightly untidy, just leave these keywords alone?  :)

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University Computer Lab