United Kingdom UFO Network <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:17:25 +0000
Dear Sir,

I am writing to see if one of you will allow us to use a List Server.

We do not normally take this group so we would very much appreciate if any
replies could be to our e-mail address.

I am the founder and co-editor of the United Kingdom UFO Network. We were
founded in January 1995 and since that time have been producing a regular
free e-zine. Because of the amount of work involved we recently went from a
weekly to a fortnightly production. In other words we produce a fortnightly
e-zine as part of the United Kingdom UFO Network.

Our e-zine covers reports from the UK and rest of the world involving the
UFO subject. We aim to make each e-zine no larger than 100k. Our current
subscribers number 1,380 with approximately 50 new subscribers joining each
week.

We are currently using Pegasus Mail running on a PC under Windows 95 with
it's 'distribution lists' facility to post the e-zine out to members.
Generally speaking this is an ideal program for the purpose. Each e-zine
normally gets sent out in 4 parts. Problems do occur though with each issue
sent out, in that a number of subscribers (not always the same) fail to
receive certain parts of the e-zine. They of course then mail us for the
missing parts which we send out manually. This adds immense work to our
schedule. This would be so much more efficient if it could be automated.

We are a well respected e-zine with many hundreds more reading our e-zine
through our world wide web site and other mailing lists which some
subscribers post it to. We of course have no control over these mailing
lists.

Our request is if possible to somehow use one of your List Servers for the
posting of our e-zine out to subscribers. With it's automatic procedures I
would imagine that people would be able to subscribe and unsubscribe
automatically. It would be our intention to have any e-mail posted
directly to us as now without using your system. We have no intention of
using your system as a mailing list, but just as a way of posting the
e-zine with members subscribing and unsubscribing automatically.

I hope that you look favourably on our request. Please feel free to mail me
with any questions that you may have. We have many letters of thanks from
subscribers which we can make available to you if needed.

Yours sincerely

David Somen

---
United Kingdom UFO Network