David Nessl <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 May 1997 18:25:46 -0400
Altho I don't have an answer to the original question, I have a related
question:  Since my university admin wants to automatically give every
course/section an email list, and to allow any authenticated student,
faculty, or staff to get a list via a web page, I've been wondering if
there is a way to avoid adding entries to /etc/alias for each list.

Since my Unix LISTSERV will run on a dedicated host, I have been thinking
about configuring sendmail to use lsv_amin as sendmail's "local" delivery
agent.  Has anyone tried that yet?  I was assuming that any incoming mail
whose "To:" didn't match a defined {listname, listname-request,
owner-listname} would be bounced back to the sender by LISTSERV.  Is that
a bad assumption?

-david

David R Nessl  -- Coordinator, Computer Systems (sysprog/sysadmin)
http://www.nerdc.ufl.edu/~david