Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:20:09 -0400
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Melvin Klassen wrote:
>   *       Subject: Command PUT listname
>
> Could the contents of the 'Subject' line be enhanced,
> to indicate whether the 'PUT' command was "successful" or "unsuccessful" ?

I wish I had thought of that. :-)  I just sit and look at 60-80 at
a time looking for the odd high numb of characters to guess which I
should read first.

Speaking of enhancements for the future.  I would be very happy
if I could customize the default message that Listserv sends out
when I issue the "serve off" command for an address.  (I know you
can also send a second more informed message)
The rationale for asking is that we just live in a different world
now and I always feel compelled to answer the growing number of
"Dah?, what did I do wrong" and "what does this mean" messages.
There used to be a time the only people reading that message knew
very well what they did and that they possibly deserved it. :-)
Therefore, the other reason for asking is the message itself.
As indicated by the sometimes wrathfull, incensed and threatening
[log in to unmask] having the authority to serve them off
from ALL listserv servers -- not that I don't like the thought of
that idea at all, :-)  but a customized message would make it
clear that they were served off of Listserv "here only" in spite of
the merits of them thinking otherwise.

--Trish

Trish Forrest, Queen's University