Chuck Atkins <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 May 1997 12:58:42 -0700
I would like to start -- and am seeking a sponsor for -- an open,
unmoderated discussion list featuring sitcom writing.  This list will
likely discuss things such as how to break into the business, script
format, writing tips, behind-the-scenes information, moral support, and
other sitcom writing-related topics that subscribers wish to discuss.  This
will NOT be a fan mailing list.

I have searched high and low on the net for such a list, and while we have
writing lists coming out of our ears, none focus on sitcoms.  I think a
sitcom writing discussion list would provide a valuable service to the
internet community and I believe that there is a demand for such a list.
The counter on my Sitcom Format 101 web page currently stands at almost
2,500 hits after just a few months, which reveals the popularity of sitcom
writing.  (The page is at
http://www.primenet.com/~chuckat/sitcom/sitcom_101.html if you'd like to
check it out to see where I'm coming from.)

If you are interested in sponsoring this list, please contact me directly
via e-mail as I do not follow this discussion group.  Thank you.

Chuck Atkins