Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:14:23 -0500
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:45:06 CST, "Awofeso, Olubanke (LMIT-HOU)" said:
> Is there a configuration setting in Listserv that will prevent
> subscribers from selecting "reply-all" in their mail client and
> responding to everyone on the list?

Keep in mind that even if you *did* do this, there's absolutely *nothing*
stopping the user from manually adding To:/cc: entries by hand (like I
did to this message, just to make the point...)

(And incidentally, my mail software, even when I said 'Reply All', only listed
by default the address listed in the Reply-To: - I had to manually add the
other address by hand...)

> The configuration Reply-to= Sender, Respect does not prevent a
> subscriber from selecting the Reply-All button in their mail client.

Try losing the ", respect" part - this will force the Reply-To: the way you
wanted it.  However, it's totally unclear whether it is proper behavior for a
specification.

(Of course, there's no stupid interpretation of the RFC's that's so stupid that
some major vendor or other hasn't at least tried to implement it...)