Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:04:40 -0500
On 11/29/2011 16:01, Sparks, Michael wrote:
> I've just noticed with one of our lists that has "one-click unsubscribe" that when people respond with history you can click the unsubscribe link for other users in the discussion. One email I saw included unsubscribe links for half a dozen users. Seems likely to be a source of problems. Is there any way to have those stripped? Seems like LISTSERV could recognize its own footer and remove it. Maybe it already does and I just have something set wrong...

See the discussion of "content filtering" in the LISTSERV List Owner's Manual. This is in
chapter 2 of the 15.5 List Owner's Manual and chapter 12 of the 16/0 List Owner's Manual.

You can use this feature to define a filter that checks for the presence of your bottom
banner text in an incoming message. Available actions are allow, reject with an optional
error message to the sender, discard with an optional error message in the listserv.log
file, or moderate.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team