Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:51:11 EDT
After the fiasco with the fake subscriptions, I changed the headers for the
lists I run to ask for confirmation. Now, I'm getting junk mail posts.

Apparently the user ([log in to unmask]) must have some sort of script that
subs to lists, confirms, posts the junk note and then unsubs. The user posted
last night and then unsubbed.

My lists already have extremely heavy on topic traffic, I don't need this.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I
can protect myself from this is the future? Can anything be done? I don't want
to filter out AOL. Quite a few of my listmembers are subscribed from there.

 Laurie M. Salopek ([log in to unmask])          The Pennsylvania State University
 224A Computer Building                    Center for Academic Computing
 University Park,  PA  16802               Advanced Information Technologies
 (814) 863-8611 (863-7049 fax)             Visualization and Unix Groups