Ross Patterson <A024012@RUTVM1>
Fri, 26 Feb 88 09:03:09 EST
    I thought it was relatively common knowledge, but I guess it bears
repeating: Never  use the  CP TRANSFER  command on  files in  the RSCS
READER queue.   RSCS will  re-ACCEPT the file  when it  is TRANSFER'ed
back, and the ACCEPT process  explicitly rejects files which are being
stored-and-forwarded that have been TRANSFER'ed.

    If you need  to remove files from the RSCS  READER queue, the only
safe way  to do so is  by dumping them  from spool (via the  CP SPTAPE
command), CP PURGE'ing them, and reloading them from tape later.

Ross Patterson
Rutgers University